21.10.11

Listen with your heart

I love music. There´s not a single day when I´m not listening to lovely tones.
Goth music, punk, metal, rock, j-rock, ambient and so on...I just love it...
Music is with for us so many ages, she changed together with people.
It´s a way of communication, by which you don´t have to know the language to understand it. If you open your heart you can understand it even without words.
But...
The more I listen, the more I wonder...
Many of these modern pop, dance and other mainstream songs are somehow...empty...
I mostly feel nothing when I listen to them and even the lyrics...
Many of the lyrics (and even video clips) are even abusive (mostly to women)...I really hate that...
It´s so sad, that today such a beautiful art like music turned to just a business...
That´s why I don´t like so many of mainstream music...It´s not art anymore...

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about today's popular music. Most of it does nothing for me. It's as if the music has no soul. For far too many it is just a business. Still, there is some wonderful music out there, such as Goth, metal, dark ambient, classical, etc., and I'm grateful for all it.

    ReplyDelete